bo Glad That I'm Alive | Pieces Of My Mind
Friday 3 April 2009

Glad That I'm Alive


Back in my early teens, I was known as the fearless, the Bin Tai Lou (insane dude), the not-afraid-to-die, the brave, and the steady one. Generally I'm not afraid to die, no matter what happen to me. But for the very first time in my life, I'm just like most people, I experience the fear.

It happened yesterday afternoon when I was in the study room doing my group assignment report. Ah Fei came in & told us that there is a Nestcafè truck outside giving out free coffee drinks. He also said that I can fill up my bottle with them if I want.

I stopped drinking coffee for a couple of years because I knew I'll get headache every time I consume them. But due to temptations of getting it for free, plus my bottle is already empty, I went there with my 1.5L bottle and filled them up. I also informed some of my friends about the free drinks.

Initially I wanted to safe some so I can drink whenever I feel sleepy.
As I was cracking my mind doing the reports, for every once a while, I took sips of the drink, just like what I normally do with plain water.
But because the drink was cold & refreshing, without noticing I'd finished more than half of the bottle, approximately 750ml.

Really need to thank Ho Lim for stopping me or I would continue & finish the drink before I notice. After a while, as usual, I get headaches, but this time it's a severe one. My brain felt like a bomb, as if it's vibrating vigorously & going to burst & I also felt like throwing up - common symptoms of caffeine overdose, which might lead to death. Which I never thought I'll experience it in my life.

At that moment, I was afraid to die, plainly because there are people counting on me to finish those 2 assignments. If I go down now, they will have more burden & some might need to start doing things from scratch.

I don't blame anyone for that, not Ah Fei nor the guy giving out free coffee drinks.
All I blame is myself for being greedy & Nestcafè. Because caffeine is a very addictive agent & it drains calcium in bones but Nestcafè is distributing them to people for free so that people can buy Anelene when they get older. Good business strategy!


After the ordeal, I promise myself that I will never ever consume coffee or tea (which is also good calcium drainer) in my life, unless needed.


Ps. I'm still not afraid to die, Under the circumstance that there's nothing or nobody is counting on me. So, bring it on! =)

1 comments:

LEe YiN said...

coffee is a healthy drink, but must consume in a right way...and not for the 3 in 1 instant coffee..those coffee might be the disaster.. and coffee is not suitable for everyone..
i also canot tahan coffe sometimes..my heartbeat will bcome very fast after consume some ciplak coffee lol...