bo ATTACK OF THE RUBELLAS | Pieces Of My Mind
Tuesday 30 September 2008

ATTACK OF THE RUBELLAS


In just a few weeks, a number of students have been infected by the Rubella virus a.k.a. German Measles. A virus stereotyped by most Malaysians as a virus that only be harmful to female especially when they are pregnant. Due to the fact that most female students have already received their vaccine during their schooling days, and the Heath Ministry has not taken any initiative to provide the males with the vaccine injection over the years, I would proudly inform that most of the infected students were males. They simply have not develop any resistance whatsoever towards the virus.

Do read up this site from NPHS for Wales to get to know more about this virus. Who knows, you might be able to spot the infected person and prevent yourself from getting infected.

So, what did the U do to help to solve that problem? Of course, they order their nurses to sting everyone with the vaccine.....It wasn't so bad actually.
They had scheduled sessions for the students and staff from every faculty and residential college to get the vaccination.


Coincidentally I wasn't there on the day they come to my hostel, so I had take the trouble to stay back for a day (as most of my friends has already gone back to their home on the previous day) and travel on my own to the Uni's Student Health Clinic to get my vaccination. Luckily it did not take long and the injection was painless... haha. I would also thank the bus driver who did not take leave to go back to his hometown, or else I'll have to walk like hell to that place...


So, if you ever meet someone with measles-like infection, quickly inform the authorities.

This is only one of the symptoms..
Take care.

-Z'ian-

0 comments: