bo 10th Residential College Lantern Festival Celebration.. | Pieces Of My Mind
Tuesday 30 September 2008

10th Residential College Lantern Festival Celebration..

Hi guys, after nearly 3 weeks of sudden disappearance, I'm back again.
As usual, I was seen busying with tonnes of stuff and I only blog whenever I'm free.

I'm currently having my Raya holidays which lasts for 10 days and thus I'm free, literally. My god, I still have lots of stuff to do and catch up with: My Programming and Principles of Information System assignments, preparation with the upcoming Lantern Festival Celebration at my hostel and of course, my studies (Final exam's in Nov!!).

https://www.heh.com/NR/rdonlyres/01A3CCFE-94D5-41CF-85A8-FFDBE9689707/3568/autumn_zh.jpg
Alright, lets get back to the topic.
The 3rd installment of the 10th Residential College Lantern Festival Celebration..
It'll be on the Friday after the holidays. 10/10/2008 at 10th Residential College...What a coincidence.. Must buy lottery.. haha .

I'm basically busying with everything, or should I say Keh Poh-ing around. I'm in the sketch as a voice actor, helped Frankie Tan with his invitation card design, helped Rachel with the Hostel Master and Organising Chairman's speeches and letters, helping Ho Lim with his decoration works - we went down the hill once to the Komplex PerdanaSiswa just to get tonnes of decorative lanterns from Pesta Tanglung Universiti Malaya (PTUM) and climb back up the hill to our hostel.. had a hard time doing that.

Not forgetting my job in the sponsorship department, went out on a Saturday to purchase needed stuff for out dedication campaign, went to a few hostels to promote the event as well as to sell out our dedications. We're basically doing what isn't in our scope of job - helping the Publicity Department to hand out fliers and promote the event.
Besides, I have to prepare the budget and control the overall expenditure of the event as well as purchase and prepare food, souvenir and even the tray for souvenir presentation for the event... as the treasurer. Weird isn't it? Treasurer doing Event Coordination (TTK) jobs...Hmm.. this is interesting.. haha..

Anyway, I've learned a lot from what I've experienced so far:
1. One must be able to do EXTREME multitasking.
2. Use your brain!! Brainstorming is important! (Otak Pnya RPM kena cepat sikit!!).
3. Don't be a GHOST MEMBER!
4. Keep constant communication.
5. You may fool around, but when it comes to work, BE SERIOUS!
6. Leadership skills are very important.
7. Plan before you execute.
8. Be fair to everyone.
9. Know your scope and your boundaries.
10. Don't be selfish. There is absolutely NO HARM lending a hand.
11. Be strong.
12. You can be nocturnal but health is more important.
13. Solve misunderstandings as early as possible before it's too late.
14. Speak out your mind. Be frank, just like Frankie..hahaha
15. Time management.
16. Leave no one behind.
17. Unity and mutual understanding.
18. Don't pick up your own fliers if others throw them on the floor. ...(This is for my ref. But why? Isn't protecting the environment more important than your face? What the hell?)


and many more...


That's all for the Lantern Festival.

Next up..
THE ATTACK OF THE RUBELLAS

-Z'ian-

0 comments: