bo Why Z'ian? And Why Jyphoon | Pieces Of My Mind
Sunday 6 May 2007

Why Z'ian? And Why Jyphoon

Well, both are closely related my given name - Jun Yen. I initially changed the spelling of my real name to 'Zun Ian' as my screen name because many people have the same opinion that my last name sounded feminine, including myself (the 1st word was changed for fun).

Later I found out that it sounds cool to use the initial Z instead of 'Zun' added with an apostrophe followed by the last name. There comes the name Z'ian. It also doubles up as my English name since my real name sounded exactly similar to it when it is pronounced swiftly.

For those who know me, they'll recognise and understand why did I put Jyphoon instead of my full name. 'Jyphoon' is a simplified version of my name. The letters 'J' and 'Y' are the initials of my last name while 'Phoon' is my surname.

0 comments: